Press coverage highlights
The media’s reaction to the launch of the ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust has been overwhelmingly positive. We’ve gathered some of the best links and quotes here.
They recognise that coming alongside funds that are targeting these areas would give confidence to other institutional investors that, as a listed product, this was right for the markets.
UK retail investors will be invited to join the fundraising alongside the government and other backers, via investment platforms, ThomasLloyd said.
The move, announced by the government during COP26 in Glasgow, comes after chancellor Rishi Sunak laid out his ambition for the UK as a centre of green finance, calling for financial firms to “mobilise private finance quickly and at scale”.
Full list of coverage
- FT – UK Government to invest In Asian Renewable energy investment trust
- Financial News – Green investment trust wins multi-million pound backing from UK government
- FT Adviser – Govt injects £66m into green investment programme
- Reuters News BRIEF- ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust Says Targeting $300 Mln Fundraise In Proposed IPO
- Bloomberg News – ThomasLloyd Looks to Raise $300 Million in Renewables Trust IPO
- Bloomberg First Word – ThomasLloyd Energy Plans IPO on Premium Segment of LSE
- Investment Week – UK government set to seed ThomasLloyd renewable energy trust focusing on emerging Asian economies
- Citywire Investment Trust Insider – Stevenson: Forget COP! First government-backed trust can fire up Asian renewables today
- Today UK News – UK government to invest in Asian renewable energy investment trust
- MT Newswires- ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust Plans Up To $340 Million IPO On
- Dow Jones Newswires – ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust Plans $340 Mln London IPO
- Daily Mail This Is Money – Mail Online – This new Asian renewable energy investment trust is targeting a yield as high as 7% – and the UK Government is buying into it, should you?
- Portfolio Adviser – UK govt seeds its first ever investment trust with £25m for EM infrastructure
- Alliance News – ThomasLloyd Energy Impact to launch USD340 million Main Market IPO
- Morningstar – ThomasLloyd Energy Impact to launch USD340 million Main Market IPO
- I&PE Real Assets – ThomasLloyd plans $340m IPO for UK govt-backed Asian renewables trust
- Ignites Europe – UK government to seed new Asia-focused renewable energy trust
- ESG Investor – This Week’s Fund News: UK’s Brunel Aligns £3 billion to Paris
- Renewables Now – New ThomasLloyd trust eyes USD-340m IPO for Asia green energy investments
- QuotedData – New Asian renewables fund – ThomasLloyd Energy Impact
- London South East – ThomasLloyd Energy Impact to launch USD340 million Main Market IPO
- Clean Energy Pipeline – ThomasLloyd Energy Impact Trust outlines $340 million IPO
- Whatsnew2day – UK Government Invests In Asian Renewable Energy Investment Trust